Beach Bum Tanning understands all of your tanning needs. With 20 years of indoor tanning experience, we are the premier tanning salon in the New York Metropolitan area with locations in NY, NJ, CT, VA and WV. Our luxurious salons are impeccable and include the newest and best equipment available in the industry. We are proud of our board certified tanning consultants and airbrush artists, who have a thorough, up to date knowledge of all indoor tanning products and trends.
At Beach Bum Tanning the customer comes first. We understand the busy lifestyles of all our clients and are always willing to accommodate their schedules. Your time is valuable and at Beach Bum Tanning we offer dozens of beds and extended hours to provide the best services and experience to all our clientele.
Beach Bum Tanning offers custom tailored packages. Each are designed for your specific tanning needs and skin type, with flexible payment options. We want you to think of Beach Bum Tanning as a mini-vacation from everyday life.
We will do everything possible to make your time with us a stress-free and enjoyable experience!
Beach Bum Tanning
They are not just a tanning salon! Here are their services:
Fit bodywrap, spray tanning, mystic spray tan, tanning beds, teeth whitening, airbrush tanning, Omnilux Light Therapy, eyelash extensions, photo rejuvenation, tanning lotions
This place is immaculate and extremely clean and well sanitized! The employees are attentive to your needs and also care about you.
The only thing I suggest they add is anti wrinkle cream for around your eyes. I bet they would sell tons of it!
I went in one crazyyyyy bed on Monday!!
The bed had all these neon changing lights on the exterior, it had speakers inside the bed, separate variable light intensity on the facial and body tanners, aroma therapy, high speed variable fans and the “Pièce de résistance” it had a mister!!! Yes it sprayed a cool mist in your face! It did scare the shit out of me at first, because I didn’t know about it, so I wasn’t expecting it, but it was a welcome experience! This place rocks!!
Check out the review for fit bodywrap here on this site!
This place rocks! And the girls that work there rock! Especially in Wayne, NJ
Beach Bum Wayne, NJ vs Beach Bum Patchogue, NY
Lets compare the fit bodywrap at both locations, because both have good points that both places should share.
1. Patchogue has ambient lighting in the fit wrap. They removed the overhead lightbulb from the fixture and added an Asian inspired ambient lamp with shelves. After lying on your back staring at the ceiling for an hr the ambient lighting is relaxing and welcomed instead of staring at bright track lighting! That’s about all Patchogue has going for it!
2. Patchogue has a small table only big enough for the unit and its bolted to the center of the table, so there is no room for your much needed water bottle!!!
3. Patchogue is a high traffic location you can tell that fitwrap has a lot of miles on it!! It needs to be sent back to the manufacturer for a professional cleaning and for the Velcro to be replaced, because it doesn’t seal well anymore especially by the feet! The worst part is the bag wreaks like a bad men’s locker room! It hurts to wipe the sweat off your head, because it smells that bad! Being a man, we are used to bad smells! I don’t know how a women can even bring herself to set foot anywhere near that bag!! Especially the sleeves!!!
4. It is not that Wayne is better, it’s that Wayne’s management has better processes! For example: when you check in for the fitwrap they check you in bring you back to the room, start the machine, so it warms up, then they tell you, if you leave the door unlocked we will help you get in the bag and make sure you are set. They help seal the bag, they help put the sleeves on etc. I personally like the shoulder flaps to be tucked under my back, because I had a shoulder injury and ticking it in gives a deep infrared heating pad treatment to my shoulder and it makes the bag sealed more increasing the heat. Then once you are set they tell you they will be back in 30 min to check on you. Which is also good, because they can sell you water if you run out! (Business opportunity and liability issue) what happens if someone passes out or worse in the middle of the treatment and you don’t check on them! Patchogue says you are in room 4 and you’re good to go! And you are totally on your own for the hour!!! Bad management!
5. Wayne has a fan that you can aim at your head, which makes it more enjoyable! Patchogue’s room is much smaller and it gets super hot and hard to breathe! A fan would be awesome!!
6. The suits at both locations are much different! Wayne’s is thin and see-through Patchogue’s is thicker and more plastic-like and it encourages more sweating! However, Patchogue’s suit is smaller and being my size I usually bust out somewhere usually in the crotch and my junk hangs out lol! This time my crotch split and when I zipped the suit to my chest the zipper popped off in my hand! And when I tucked the annoying collar in, I ripped the armpit too! Today’s suit was a mess lol!
7. The towels at Patchogue are scratchy don’t know if its the way they dry them or the towels themselves, but after being in the fitwrap an hour your face hurts from drying it over and over again with scratchy towels!
I hope the Beach Bum Corporate pays attention to this! They should make a local owners focus group where the owners of a regional area meet at a different location monthly to see how that location is ran and they can brainstorm and share ideas and solve their own problems, so they don’t have to read them on places like this!
I’m going to say it again, All Beach Bum locations should carry wrinkle cream for around your eyes. You will make a fortune! Girls will buy the shit out if that!! Remember where you got the idea for that and don’t forget to hook me up (for life hehe)
In Patchogue’s defense, if you yell the girls will come and they are super and nice. Don’t forget super hot too! Especially the blonde! Hehe
Anyway, Beach bum still rocks! Give them a try!
Product Review: Fit Bodywrap – Far Infrared Ray Heat – burn up to 1500 calories in a one hour session
The Science Behind FIT® Bodywraps
Claims of fat loss and treatments for cellulite are everywhere and usually when something sounds too good to be true, it is. But FIT Bodywraps are different. There’s actual science behind our system, and it works! According to Dr. Aaron M. Flickstein, “Heating muscles produces an increased blood flow level similar to that seen during exercise.”*
Our happy clients will testify to the amazing results you can expect from a body wrap; read for yourself what they’ve got to say!
The FIT® Bodywrap system incorporates a dual action process: far infrared ray (FIR) heat along with our proprietary FIT® Booster Spray to enhance results.
1. Far Infrared Ray Technology
Far Infrared Ray (FIR) heat from a FIT® Bodywrap works to get underneath the fat tissue, thinning the blood so that it can get into the areas where fat exists. The FIR technology used in FIT Bodywraps doesn’t make fat leave your body but it breaks the fat down into fatty acids – the same ones used by your muscles to produce energy.
FIT® Bodywraps are perfectly safe, emitting infrared rays in the safe, 5 – 15 microns range closest to human bio-fields.
Applying heat to the body softens fat tissue and speeds up metabolism, causing fat to enter the bloodstream. Infrared technology heats your body safety and makes it sweat as a natural way to cool it down. This sweat is fueled by the energy from the converted fatty acids. This activity burns calories – up to 1,400 calories in a single hour!
“…Regular use [of a FIR sauna] may well be as effective a means of cardiovascular conditioning and burning of calories as regular exercise.”** –MAJ Ward Dean
The 1-2-3 Punch!
What else can you expect a FIT® Bodywrap to do? Take a look:
1. Flush away toxins, pollution and heavy metals. 2. Improve circulation and the rate of metabolism. 3. Improves skin tone and reduces the appearance of cellulite. Sweat not only cools your body, but it acts as a garbage collector. Antiperspirants, artificial environments, smog, synthetic clothing, and a relatively idle physical lifestyle will clog skin pores and inhibit the healthy flow of sweat. As you will learn, sweat can reverse all of these detrimental side effects!
When your body gets hot as it would in an infrared sauna, your nerve endings are cued to produce acetylcholine, a chemical which incites the 2.3 million sweat glands located in your skin.
Over the course of a normal day, your body is likely to produce one pint of sweat which clean away built-up toxins. These toxins account for about one percent of the sweat (the other 99 percent is water). The more you sweat, the more your body is cleansed. Most of us don’t sweat enough to get rid of all the toxins absorbed through our skin and respiratory system.
Sweating during your body wrap session is likely to draw out lactic acid from your body, the substance which contributes to stiff muscles and fatigue. During your one-hour FIT® Bodywrap session, you are likely to produce two pints or more of beneficial, toxin-cleansing sweat!
In addition to calorie burning, FIT® Bodywraps using FIR technology help relieve aches and pains and improve the rate of metabolism.
Your body rids itself of any number of toxic metals and pollution being flushed away via sweat. This improves skin tone and circulation and also reduces the appearance of cellulite.
So while it may seem as if you are doing nothing during your body wrap session, your organs are working away and using stored fat as the energy to sweat out toxins and melt away inches.
2. FIT® Booster Spray
Want even better results? Opt to use our proprietary FIT® Booster spray during your body wrap session to creates a barrier on the skin. This additional barrier forces the body to work even harder than it normally would to burn more calories and produce more cooling sweat.
This special spray was designed to work with the FIT® Coat which was specifically engineered to create an effective barrier and further enhance the effects of both the FIT® Booster and FIT® Bodywrap. You won’t find it anywhere except in a tanning salon, spa or clinic that features the exclusive FIT® Bodywrap system.
The FIT® Bodywrap Experience
What can you expect when you get a FIT Bodywrap from a salon or spa? You’ll go through this simple, relaxing process:
Watch a short DVD to learn about the body wrap process Opt to purchase the FIT® Booster spray, which enhances results Slip into the FIT® Coat Adjust the temperature in four zones (arms, abdomen, upper legs, lower legs), using one degree increments up to 130 degrees Lie back and relax for an hour watching a movie or listening to music At the end of the hour, take off the FIT® coat, throw it away and go on with your day feeling rejuvenated!
FIT® Bodywrap is the only system that covers the entire body providing the most effective benefits you can get! And since there is no attendant required to make adjustments, you can feel comfortable and safe knowing your privacy is being honored.
This thing rocks!
This thing is 130 degrees and allegedly burns 1500 calories a one hour session. If you use this daily and then go to the gym wow! A normal bodywrap takes an attendant to wrap you and to me thats embarrasing. This you spray up, suit up and jump in! A normal body wrap you also only lose water weight making it a temporary fix and a waste of money.
I know that far infrared heat is also the new technology for heating pads, they penetrate deeper in the muscle, so this is also a big heating pad. It should in essence relax sore muscles also.
**Update** July 27th 2013
Signed up for 1mo unlimited for $149 and I also get unlimited tans etc at Beach Bum Tanning
Today I lied down instead of sitting up like a hospital bed. It severely kicked my ass today!!! I wanted out at the 35min mark and at the 50min mark I wanted to die!
There was also some in the bed that I wiped up. I think because I was lying flat the bag sealed better and kept more heat in. Tomorrow, I will definitely bring more water!!!
**Update** July 28th 2013
Did the fit bodywrap again today and today it wasn’t bad at all. I still had a huge puddle on the floor and this time I had a huge puddle in the bed!
I’m 6′ 0″ anyone taller than me won’t fit unless your feet stick out the bottom of the bag, and then you won’t get a seal on the bag and it won’t work as effective, but you should still benefit. I hv problems with my feet after the 39 min mark.
**Update** July 29th
The last 10 min are kicking the crap out of me!! I already drank all 20 oz of water I brought! Luckily my gallon is in the car cause I’m gonna need it!!
Look how deep the puddle of sweat in that crack is, that’s crazy!!! Not to mention all the sweat I wiped up in the bed, the sweat I patted off my head the entire hour, the puddle on the floor when I took the suit off and all the yellow urine I had after the treatment! (I drink a gallon + water a day, my urine is clear except for my first piss in the morning) This has to be working!! (Fat leaves the body in 3 ways: urine, sweat and small amounts in exhaling carbon dioxide)
Stay tuned for my weigh-in on Friday!
**Update** July 31th 2013
The machine kept shutting off the girl had to come in multiple times to fix it! Luckily she was hot so I didn’t mind lmao! After the 4th time I gave up, it was almost an hr long but in actuality was probably 35min due to the fact it cooled off fast and had to warm up again. I was still soaked though!
**Update** August 2nd 2013
This thing is super hot today! I don’t want to be in it already and I have 45min left!! This is gonna suck!!
Just lying here my heart rate is up to 98 beats a min! I have 17min left! Ugh!
**Update** August 12th 2013
I find for myself it’s easier to do it daily, when I take a day or 2 off the next session is rough!! The salon suggests every other day. Cause of possible dehydration. I drink an excess of a gallon of water daily
**Update** August 13th 2013
Not sure if this thing is actually doing anything! I hopped on the scale yesterday and my weight increased! My diet has been strict around 1900 calories and I have burned 2900 a day if you actually count the bullshit that they claim! I am super eager to tape measure in at the end of the 30 day period that will determine if I sign up for another month or not!
I hope you appreciate me punishing myself everyday for 30 days! To see if this thing really works! First beach bum fit wrap July 27th. I took off the 3,4,6,9,23 that’s 25 full days of the fit wrap! My last day is the 26th of August (that’s actually 31days and 26 full days as long as I don’t take anymore off), but who’s counting lol
**Update** August 14th 2013
I forgot to tell you since the beginning I had problems with my heels burning at 130 degrees so I put a wash cloth under them a few times and still it didn’t work, I don’t want to turn it lower because I want the full benefit, so I took a full towel folded long ways in 3 and it has been making all the difference!! Don’t get me wrong it still sucks!! But at least it isn’t painful! For those of you that enjoy the heat of saunas, steam rooms and jacuzzis this is probably a cake walk! But I hate that shit!! I rather sit in a tub of ice water!
**Update** August 19th 2013
I’m going to say it again. The worst part Bout this is the lack of bag design! There should be foot pocket to men’s size 13 so you have plenty of room for your feet and they aren’t smashed in a weird angle and uncomfortable for an hour! My ankles and toes have a lot of stress after an hour so the relaxation factor is destroyed and the heat doesn’t help after the 30min mark!
Omg I have to go to the bathroom soooooo bad and I hv 26min left! Ughhhh!
2nd to last session! I will be weighing in tomorrow morning before the session at home and measuring in tomorrow after the session! I will then decide if it is worth another month of torture! I’m not looking forward to another month!!
Stay tuned tomorrow for the results!!
Ps 25 min left its starting to suck lol
I ended up gaining weight and gained 1″ on my waist! If this burns 1500 calories including my workout burns a total of 2900-3000 and 3500 calories is a pound… I should have burned 1lb every other day! But that wasn’t the case! If you subtract the 1500 calories and do the math an average of 2,000 calories a day and burning 1,800 to 1,900 I gained weight! I had to increase my calories from 1,700 to 2,000 due to the profuse sweating and dehydrating nature of the treatment as well as increasing my water intake. My workout suffered a little due to the weakening of the treatment, but at a 1,500 calorie burn it would have been worth it! Unfortunately it didn’t burn anything! You see the math!
Therefore, it is my opinion that going almost everyday, subjecting myself to that torture did absolutely nothing! I need to cut my calories back to 1,700- 1,800 and increase my cardio! Back to the stairmaster and fuck the fit bodywrap! It doesn’t work! Too bad because it would have been a dream come true!
I busted my ass this month, put on a bunch of muscle, did an hr of cardio daily, plus weights and watched my diet!
It’s really heartbreaking!!