Preppers: EDC – Everyday Carry
A new fad that has probably been around since the dawn of time, but has suddenly hit the mainstream:
It’s not as crazy as you think; although some tend to go overboard!
Businesses and large corporations have what’s called a (BCP) Business Continuity Plan. What it is, is a plan to keep their business running in a disaster. A company should have a portfolio of BCPs one for each disaster.
Gas shortage and others maybe even a zombie apocalypse. Lol
So, if a company has a BCP, why shouldn’t you? After all, your family and their survival is the most important thing in the world to you… Isn’t it?
Well, in the next 2 posts we will be looking at 2 essential tools of any Preppers arsenal:
The Bugout Bag and the EDC -everyday carry.
What is everyday carry? Is it weird? Is it a foreign idea, unknown to us? Well, for people of extreme cold areas such as, Alaska and Canada its an everyday way of life, be prepared or be dead!
Everyday Carry, or EDC, generally refers to small items or gadgets worn, carried, or made available in pockets, holsters, or bags on a daily basis to manage common tasks or for use in unexpected situations or emergencies. In a broader sense, it is a lifestyle, discipline, or philosophy of preparedness.
On that site everyone shares their EDC down to the actual brand:
1. Oakley sunglasses – I either wear: 5 squared, gascans or in the summer at the beach I’ll wear Versace or Armani glasses
2. Watch – I don’t like things on my hand, but I keep a GShock in the car and a bunch at home in my safe.
3. Any pen I can get my hands on, sometimes it’s a gel pen, sometimes it’s a bic (typically from some business like the Hampton inn) sometimes it’s even a stainless steel pen
4. I always have my p38 can opener on my key ring
5. Always have a blade of some sort in my pocket and in my car: cold steel recon 1 when I’m in uniform or a 5.11 tactical cub master 2 Tarani folding karambit
6. Wallet: I use a HuMn carbon fiber – RFID blocking wallet.
7. Surefire flashlight on me and 3 cell mag light with xenon bulb and extra batteries in the glove compartment of my car.
8. I have an Under Armour backpack in my car, it contains: a first-aid kit, pens, mechanical pencil, multitool, Oakley gloves with the Carbon fiber knuckles, signal mirror aka shaving mirror, fox-40 whistle (which during hiking season I use to scare away bears) usually a pair of sneakers, small stick of gel deodorant and various straps for the gym (it doubles as my gym bag) there is also other items I can’t recall off the top of my head. Paracord bracelet which I own but don’t usually wear. I also have my rain gear and a jacket and my beach blanket in the trunk.